So here’s how I like to do it:
1) I LOVE going to the www.iMayberryCommunity.com site and reading the discussion forum, adding comments to it and communicating with over 950 members, from all over the country, on Mayberry related trivia and just general conversation. There is something special about this community of folks. The page also links you to Weaver’s Department Store, and the “Two Chairs, No Waiting” podcast. Weaver's has some great deals on Mayberry apparel, collectibles and some rare treasures. Anybody that is ANYBODY Mayberry, just has to shop at Weaver's! The Two Chair No Waiting Podcast is iconic in and of itself. So much information, and so much fun to listen and participate during the show in the Chat Room! If you haven't been there, you gotta go!
2) The Facebook Groups are awesome. There are several out there: Mayberry, Our Favorite Hometown, TAGSRWC; Only One Word I Can Think of…Big, Mayberry After Midnight, The Andy Griffith Show, TAGS, and I Miss Mayberry. All unique, and all run by good folks. The nice thing about them is that they are ALL Mayberry, ALL the time. No negative attitudes, no politics, no sales, no criticizing allowed…Just Mayberry Fun!
3) I have our local TAGS Rerun Watchers Club, Trivial Trivialities, and we love to throw out trivia, quotes and pictures to each other. It’s hard to even see one of them on Facebook and not find a way to make a Mayberry related comment on their posts. Getting together with them periodically helps me get my dose of Mayberry.
4) Since I am fortunate enough to be a part of the Tribute Artists group, I absolutely love these folks and their families. We all communicate regularly on group messaging and it is very special when we get together at events. There is a kinship among these folks that is hard to describe, other than respect, admiration and a feeling of family!
5) Mayberry Events. I look so forward to attending and participating in the Mayberry events. There are several super events that are available. I hope you can go to some. Starting around April, there’s the Eagle’s Wings Fundraiser (Tuscaloosa, AL), then Mayberry in the Midwest in May (Danville, IN), Mayberry Meet Up in July (Mt. Airy, NC), Mayberry Nights in August (Troy, NC), Annual Mayberry Days in September (Mt. Airy, NC), and the Cruise to Mayberry in October (Out of Charleston, SC) to name a few. To see a more complete listing of events, click HERE.
6. Your local chapter of The Andy Griffith Show Rerun Watchers Club. Take a look on the web page to see all the chapters and type in your state, then try to find one near you by clicking HERE
7. If you don’t find a Rerun Watchers Clun near you, then start your own. Click HERE to find out how.
See you in Mayberry!